Sunday, July 10, 2011

A COLD AND WET WINTER AFTERNOON

It was cold and wet here in Canberra today, so what better way to spend the time but in making buildings. I need to make some buildings big enough to use with my 40mm Modern minis and so set to doing so. Using little cardboard packing boxes as the basis for the models I added some corrugated paper and first made a shed. Then I decided on something a bit grander and set to making a two storey building. I want to make generic "third world" style buildings and this one could be the local police station, or post office or whatever. I put some election posters on one of the walls to give it that lived in feeling. Once that was done I just had to pose some of my figures about the new buildings. I eventually want to make enough of these to cover a good chunk of a 6x4 table, which will let me stage some interesting skirmish games for my 40mm lads.








1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work! The posters on the walls really set the scene. I can't wait to see the game!

    ReplyDelete