Monday, November 22, 2010

MY GLORIOUS OBSESSION

In 1983 I started pottering around with Milliput and made some masters for 35mm early C18th infantry. I then made some drop cast moulds and cast a score or so figures, painted them and then for the next twenty or so years did nothing more. In late 2008 I decided to finally do something about this, dug out the moulds and started casting again. I now have eight 32 figure regiments, four Allied and four French. This is an ongoing project. I am currently working on remastering the infantry and have the beginnings of a mounted cavalry man. I need to make gunners for the Price August guns I have. Once these new masters are done I will make drop cast moulds for them and cast them myself. It is an excellent way to recycle all that useless unpainted lead we all have. I must admit I do enjoy doing this. It is one way to be completely independent of the hyper commercialized fad driven 'industry' the hobby seems to have become today. I have been accused by some of being 'obsessed', I have no arguments with this so here are some pictures of my Glorious Obsession.










4 comments:

  1. ah TZ have likned it to the NPU
    http://passageoflines.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1626

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going with the "obsession", they look great, I love the look of big armies...whatever period and good on ya for fighting back at the commercialization of our hobby. :-)
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo! A fine obsession indeed! I would love to see them on the wargames table. You may need to brace the legs to hold the weight!

    ReplyDelete