Monday, September 13, 2010

40mm a Glorious Figure Scale

40mm is a great scale to paint not to mention looking wonderful in the display cabinet and on the war games table. Here are some of my 40mm efforts.



Ragnar Forkbeard - A great Sash and Saber 40mm miniature.
I enjoyed painting the Viking banner.





1775 American Militia (Front Rank 40mm)



Thasunke Witko ~ Crazy Horse (Sash and Saber 40mm)



Cetanwakuwa ~ Charging Hawk (Sash and Saber 40mm)



Ogaleesha ~ Red Shirt (Sash and Saber 40mm)



Blue Coyote (Sash and Saber 40mm) I would love it if someone out there can let me know the Lakota for 'Blue Coyote'. This figure is based on an old story of a Lakota warrior who painted himself and his horse blue decorated with yellow hailstones. When I read that I just had to paint him up.



Wild Bill Hicock from Knuckleduster Miniatures. I have added a sash after removing the cast on belt and holster - Bill often wore a sash and drew his pistols from this. Painting was done with a mixture of acrylic paints. Knuckleduster make a great range of 40mm Wild West as well as a very extensive range of 25mm Wild West.

No comments:

Post a Comment